   RE: [xml-dev] Categories of Web Service messages: data-oriented v

> From: Mark Baker [mailto:distobj@acm.org]

<snip/>

> Of course.  But I'm saying that the *message* that gets sent to the
> server doesn't include anything that indicates that it is trying to
> purchase a CD.  The only intent in the message is POST.  How do you
> explain that?

Anyone who has ever written a CGI script understand the notion of an
application that can understand the intent of form parameters in the body of
an HTTP POST message. There is a protocol, there, whether or not it has been
standardized, and regardless of the fact that the HTTP server only
understands one intent -- the POST action.

How do you explain that a transaction some how magically occurs even though
the only intent of the message is a POST? Come on, now. This is such a
ludicrous argument I see no point in continuing it.