   RE: [xml-dev] XML Schema Simple Type Definitions

  • To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] XML Schema Simple Type Definitions
  • From: "CHIUSANO, Joseph" <JCHIUSANO@lmi.org>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 18:25:55 -0500
  • Return-receipt-to: "CHIUSANO, Joseph" <JCHIUSANO@lmi.org>

Title: RE: [xml-dev] XML Schema Simple Type Definitions

Thank you for your feedback - please see below:

<Snip>
By specifying fixed="true" you are saying that the value for this type is
fixed, and that value is "true". Is that what you want, or are you trying to
define an enumeration consisting of a fixed set of tokens? If it is the
latter, you might try:
</Snip>

*** Actually, by using fixed on a facet (as was done here), it makes the facet value a constant.  This ensures that any types that are derived from this type cannot change the value of the facet.  What I am trying to do is actually unrelated to enumerations - I'd like to simply declare a simple type based on an existing simple type, without using restriction.

Thanks,
Joe