   Displaying XML in IE window

I'm trying to display an XML stream in a new IE window. I would like to
display
the whole XML tree, with tags and attributes , but only the elements show up
as strings. My Javascript looks like this:

function displayXML(xmlString)
{
   var test=window.open('','newWindow','resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes,
				height=undefined,width=undefined', false);
	 test.document.write("<body>")
	 test.document.write(xmlString)
	 test.document.write("</body>")
}

Anyone know what I should be doing differently?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Suraiya