   Re: [xml-dev] REST has too many verbs

> Is that just a socket connection?  Yes, most likely.  Do we need
> agreement above that level to get things done?  Most likely.  Does that
> agreement need to be spelled out formally in a contract?  No, I don't
> think so.

Take it from a protocol weenie, you're in a for a big surprise.  If
you've got no a priori agreement about the task at hand, you're not
going to accomplish much.

RPC is a good example of this principle, but it's not difficult to
replicate the problem for other interaction styles.  What you describe,
if I understand you correctly, is a good way to do it with messaging.

> There's nothing magical here - just work to get on with.  I like it that
> way.  (And some purists might go as far as UDP messaging, but I'll admit
> to finding TCP as far down the stack as I care to venture.)

My concern was that you weren't looking high enough in the stack,
not that you were looking too low. 8-)

MB