   Re: [xml-dev] REST and HTTP extensions (was Re: [xml-dev] Re: Why REST?

Mike Champion scripsit:

> I can see how to model these with REST, i.e.,a series of GET, POST, DELETE operations and
> some logic to test for the existence of lock resources or metadata.  But does bundling
> these into sequences of operations that are performed as a transaction violate REST, or
> merely extend HTTP?

I think the Right Thing for handling locking would be to GET a URI
which conventionally represents a lock, and then be handed another
URI.  When you DELETE that URI, the lock is released.  We talk,
after all, of "getting" a lock.

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan@ccil.org
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There