   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Why REST? (RE: [xml-dev] WSIO- With Name)

Joshua Allen scripsit:

> I don't understand this -- why is it not possible to identify a person
> in an RDF sense?  A URN is just a name; just like "John Cowan" and
> "mailto:cowan@mercury.ccil.org"; are adequate ways to identify you for
> anyone on the mailing list who wants to refer to you.

You misunderstand me.  I said that a hyperdocument and a person
can't be identified with one another: they are different things,
not the same thing.  You can use one to indicate the other,
but they are not identical.

"John Cowan" is a name of John Cowan.

"mailto:cowan@ccil.org"; is a name of John Cowan's mailbox.  It
isn't a name of John Cowan.

"http://www.ccil.org/~cowan/"; is a name of John Cowan's home page.
It too is not a name of John Cowan.

--
John Cowan           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan              cowan@ccil.org
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all.  There