   RE: [xml-dev] Web Services Hype and Reality (was RE: [xml-dev] WSIO vs.

  • To: "Mike Champion" <mc@xegesis.org>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Web Services Hype and Reality (was RE: [xml-dev] WSIO vs. Semantic Web
  • From: "Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 10:58:28 -0800

> There's a lot of good value that people can get from SOAP in the short
run,
> but a lot of work to do before the reality approaches the hype.  I
just

If you are talking about the hype that says, "never struggle with
writing code again; just draw up your thoughts in Powerpoint and the
computer will make it happen!" I agree.  In fact, reality will never
match the hype -- if the computers ever get smarter than us, they won't
want to work for us.