-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Prescod [mailto:paul@prescod.net]

"Ontological communities are a fact of life and
in fact, one way to deduce that some person or
thing is a member of a reference group is to
check the vocabulary usage."

C. L. Bullard

Big companies cannot standardize that out of existence. It is a fact of
the universe, of humanity. RPC can make a thin layer of standardization
which then gives rise to the same ontological mess at the next level
(okay, I got your business document through an RPC call. Now what?). I
assert without evidence that addresses, hyperlinks and metadata are part
of the solution...that they can be a unifying force. As long as the RPC
world has no equivalent then it has no such unifying force. I suspect
that it will eventually fall back on the Semantic Web to clean it up.