   Re: [xml-dev] Streaming Transformations for XML

Michael Brennan wrote:

>I've been thinking for some time of doing something like this, but have
>never gotten around to it. I think my ideal solution, though, would be to
>use something that looks somewhat like XSLT, but which lets me specify
>lightweight "collectors" -- something like the "variables" in XSLT, but
>which collect data from the SAX stream when a pattern is matched. You could
>have templates like XSLT that specify a Pattern, then have variables that
>collect subordinate data (e.g. data that is along either the child,
>descendant, or attribute axes of the node matched by the pattern). When all
>of the variables associated with the pattern have collected all relevant
>data, fire off some action to do processing with the data.

The idea of collectors and launchers (though slightly different) is
exactly what I and some others are thinking of. I will be back with
something like the very first proposal draft and it should already
address this kind of things.

Petr

--
Petr Cimprich