   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Why REST was Re: [xml-dev] URIs are simply names

On Sat, 2002-02-16 at 22:49, Joe English wrote:
> Two URIs are equal when they are textually identical.  Period.

This was hotly contested and never really answered during the battle of
relative URI references on xml-uri@w3.org.

Can you cite some chapter and verse to back this up?  It's how namespace
processing works, per Namespaces in XML, but I've never found anything
that claims this is true across all URI schemes.  Doesn't appear to be
how Sun's built their JDK 1.4 URI class, either.

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/api/java/net/URI.html

I'll agree that it's how I'd much prefer URI comparison to work.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!