   Re: [xml-dev] Traditional RPC

Paul those are good compelling points, had they been raised before we built
an infrastructure for XML-RPC and SOAP at the script level.

Earlier this month we finally implemented the top of the stack, something
called SCNS or Simple Cross-Network Scripting, which makes calling a web
service as simple as calling a procedure (yes it looks a little different,
and that's good, imho, people should know when they're making a networked
call.

And before someone says Python had it before us, let me say that Python had
it before us. ;->

Also I really appreciate the offer to convert Manila-RPC to REST, but let's
look forward. I'll keep my eye open for an opportunity to use your
principles in putting together a new service, and I'm sure it'll be easy and
perform well.

How does that sound??

Dave

PS: I'm doing a new centralized app now, it's all web services, and it's a
good mix of plain old HTTP, XML-RPC and SOAP. And a few other things too.