   Re: Two Perspectives (was Re: [xml-dev] URIs are simply names R)

Outstanding post, Steve. Worthy of framing ;-)

Your two perspectives very well illustrate the divergence
between the web and semantic web that I've sensed for some
time (though not as clearly as your post presents them).

I think that one of the key ways in which the W3C can
support perspective 2 is to accept that the present, low
resolution and non-formal "contemporary view" of URI
classification does not meet the needs of perspective 2
and consider very hard how balance can be achieved in that
crucial area.

The rest, I think, will follow from that.

Cheers,

Patrick