   How to get the attributes from the Document node

Hi, I have a document that looks like this:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
  <!DOCTYPE cXML (View Source for full doctype...)>
- <cXML payloadID="456778-199@cxml.workchairs.com"
xml:lang="en-US" timestamp="1999-03-12T18:39:09-08:00"
version="1.2.006">
- <Response>
  <Status code="200" text="OK" />
- <PunchOutSetupResponse>
- <StartPage>

<URL>http://premier.workchairs.com/store?23423SDFSDF23</URL>

  </StartPage>
  </PunchOutSetupResponse>
  </Response>
  </cXML>

I want to get the attributes from the cXML node, but
when I try and do that, it tells me the attribute
list is null. How do I get at the attributes of the
Document node? I'm trying to overwrite that
timestamp... thanks!