   Re: [xml-dev] Re: [namespaceDocument-8] 14 Theses

At 04:21 PM 19/02/02 +0200, Patrick Stickler wrote:
>But seriously...
>We won't approach consensus until it is widely understood that
>
>   Namespace URI != Vocabulary URI
>   Namespace URI != Document Model URI
>   Namespace URI != Software Component URI
>
>   Namespace       N:N  Vocabulary
>   Vocabulary      N:N  Document Model
>   Document Model  N:N  Schema
>   Document Model  N:N  Software Component
>
>   URI >= 'http:' URL

Arguments of the form "we won't achieve consensus until you
come around to my world-view," while common in the W3C process,
are usually not productive.  The way you achieve consensus is
by trying really hard to understand what (presumably smart)
people who disagree with you are saying.

In your case, I read your (very lengthy) article and so
far totally fail to get your point.  I think a namespace
names are used to label vocabularies, that it is a
good thing to label vocabularies, and that it is a good
thing if you can use the label to retrieve definitive
material about the labeled vocabulary.

So I guess I disagree with your first "!=" axiom,
which is I guess why the rest of the argument failed
to penetrate.

Argument by assertion is simply not productive at
this level of debate. -Tim