-----Original Message-----
From: Steven R. Newcomb [mailto:srn@coolheads.com]

According to my theory (Perspective 1 vs. Perspective 2,
http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200202/msg00832.html),
the reason why is that these things put the Perspective
1 guys in control of Perspective 2's assets.  It's not
surprising that MS and IBM can agree on things that are
designed to keep the balance of power on the side of
the system vendors.  UDDI and SOAP do not threaten the
hegemony of Perspective 1.  Quite the contrary, in
fact.

When considering these system-vendor-originated
proposals, it's important not only to examine what's
there, but also to figure out *what's missing* -- what
would be there if the information owners were designing
these things, but isn't, because they're not.