   RE: RE: [xml-dev] SOAP-RPC and REST and security

If the SOAP message is just data packed up
to send to an interface that submits the
request to a facade over a business logic
layer to get data, pack up a report and
send it back, there is no difference.

I don't think web services get troublesome
because of the interface styles.  That is
a matter of practice.  I think they get
hard precisely because it is difficult to
orchestrate non-trivial business processes
without human intervention.

How many of you in this thread actually
do contract work, and by that, I mean
specifically, RFP analysis?  I've seen
the discussion on the REST list for what
some would consider a "complex business
process", and they don't touch the really
complex processes that occur on the desk
and account for hierarchical management.
If one reads the papers on orchestration,
one notes that they cover concepts of
routing, but specifically and explicitly
avoid hierarchical decision processes.

len