-----Original Message-----
From: Gavin Thomas Nicol [mailto:gtn@rbii.com]

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 05:17 pm, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
>  My guess is that a
> goodly sized db (say, 4000+ fields and use of
> remote views) would present a challenge to the
> designer of the business rules.

The trick here is to use inheritance/grouping of permissions, and
means for matching multiple resources with a single rule. We do this
with a thing I call "split capabilities" defined in CML (Capability
Markup Language... with apologies to the *other* CML ;-)).

Once you have a good understanding of the underlying principals, and
the higher-level requirements, designing something like this is pretty
trivial.