   Architecture Description Markup Language

I just stumbled across this: Architecture Description Markup Language
(ADML). It's an XML-based language developed by the OpenGroup for describing
software architectures [1].

Have others on this list seen this before? It looks quite interesting. I'm
curious what momentum there is behind this, and if there is anyone on this
list who has looked into this and would be interested in sharing any
thoughts on it.

As an aside, they also have a nice bulleted guide targeted at business
people explaining the need for IT architecture [2]. Nice ammo for anyone who
has to struggle with explaining to a business manager why this stuff is
important.

[1] http://www.opengroup.org/tech/architecture/
[2] http://www.opengroup.org/public/arch/p1/oview/index.htm