   RE: [xml-dev] Two sides of SOAP (was RE: [xml-dev] SOAP-RPC and REST and

Ok. If that works.  I think of a petition as something
one person writes and everyone else signs.  I think of a position
paper as something multiple contributors work on until a consensus
is reached on the position, and everyone signs.   It might be a
difference of depth and presentation.

I don't not trust the WSIO.  They don't have a track record yet.
I note that they have stated that inteoperation is their goal
and think that such a paper might contribute to their understanding of
our understanding given that the viewpoints expressed are not so narrow as
to create opponency where one might obtain consensus.

As to REST over SOAP RPC (however you want to state the opposition
of a philosophy vs a technology), we will have both.  It behooves us
IMO to understand both, to help people deal with both, and to
influence both towards positive ends.

<phil>Tonight, a synogogue to hear the cantor.
Tomorrow, a restful place under an oak to hear the
wind.  My Creator can be found in all these places,
hears all these voices, and I believe, is made profoundly
joyful by all their songs.</phil>

len