   RE: [xml-dev] 2: XML Schema - > XML Instance - > XSLT Transformation w

  • To: "Braumuller, Hans" <h.braumueller@hanseorga.de>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] 2: XML Schema - > XML Instance - > XSLT Transformation with MSXML 4 ?
  • From: "Manos Batsis" <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:16:08 +0200
  • Cc: "XML DEV" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

I see no problem with your example.

Since you are using MSXML4, you might want to check [1].
As you probably know,  xsi:schemaLocation is used when your instance document features a namespace, otherwise xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation does the trick. Both absolute and relative URLs are allowed.

Your idea on user input validation sounds interesting, but loading DOM objects on the client to perform validation may prove to present a not so useful overhead (especially using script). You will also have to interpret the errors... Still, it may prove useful.

If you come up with something interestingly applicable, or need more help, I'll be around.

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/xmlsdk/htm/xsd_devvalidation_8lx0.asp?frame=true

Cheers,

Manos