   Re: [xml-dev] Standards: innovation, evolution, and stasis

On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 09:49, Mike Champion wrote:
> Lots of food for thought here ... on the benefits of standardization, but
> on the perils of casting a standard in concrete before implementation
> experience is available ... and the horrible thought that "it seemed like a
> good idea at the time" decisions today could haunt our great-grandchildren.

CNRI, which mostly does Internet work, published a series of books on
infrastructure history - all brief overviews, and US-focused, but with
lots of lessons about such things. The abstracts are well worth reading:
http://www.cnri.reston.va.us/series.html

I need to order the banking one, but the rest have been very good.  It
looks like they suspended the project, unfortunately.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!