Lists Home |
Date Index |
I'd like to get some feedback on a past topic that never seems to get resolved: Namespaces best practices. The 3 options out there seem to be:
(1) Homogeneous Namespaces across applications.
- All XML schemas use the same namespaces, and the developers make sure to avoid collisions
(2) Heterogeneous Namespaces across applications.
- All XML schemas use different namespaces, and the developers have to do manage reading / writing / XSLT to different systems
(3) Chameleon / Proxy namespaces.
- All applications maintain one external namespace, and use proxies or chameleon methods to have many internal XML namespaces.
I would love to hear developers / architect's feedback on how scaleable these different methods are, how easy it is to reuse XML Schema assets, and how manageable the namespaces are.