   Re: [xml-dev] Question about the sytax of namespace declarations

> Wait-a-minute.
>
> Why would you want to undeclare a namespace prefix???

I can only think of one reason why you'd want to undeclare a namespace
prefix.

<foo:bar xmlns:foo="#foo">
    <baz xmlns:foo="" />
</foo:bar>

If this were legal, the baz element would _not_ have the foo namespace in
its [in-scope namespaces] so you could <xsl:copy /> it to a result tree
without causing the unused namespace declaration to appear on the element
when you serialize that tree.

Of course, this problem is really easy to get around. Personally, I don't
think this particular use case justifies the feature but maybe Tim and
Daniel have other things in mind.

Jason