   XML should NOT be a new programming language

Why do we use XML to validate, manipulate, transform etc. other XML
documents, fragments?

I want to do my work in Java or another language, not a XML "language"
like XSLT, XML Schema etc. The XML "languages" contains a lot of noise
and duplicated information. Just try build a fairly large XSL
stylesheet, an it will fast be hard to read. My favorite IDE do not
support manipulating XML documents.

We have Java, C++ etc. We have if-else, while, switch etc. We can do
classes, compile ......... We don't we use them??

To me XML should be a part of my chosen programming language. No only
files on a network or filesystem.

I want XML in Java! Why not like this:

Stylesheet style = {

         <XSL:STYLESHEET {
                 [xmlns.xsl = "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";]
                 [version = "1.0"]

                 // Book
                 <XSL:TEMPLATES {
                         [match = "Book"]
                         <HTML {
                                 <HEAD {
                                         <TITLE {
                                                 name.equals("") ? "Hej,
Guest!" : "Hej, " + name +"!";
                                         }
                                 }
                                 <BODY {
                                         <CENTER {
                                                 <XSL:TEMPLATES
{ [select="title"] }
                                         }
                                                 <XSL:TEMPLATES
{ [select="chapter"] }
                                                 <XSL:TEMPLATES
{ [select="appendix"] }
                                 }
                         }
                 }
         }
} // stylesheet

I use Apples Project Builder, and the indenting works perfectly, for the
code above!

Niels Peter