   Re: [xml-dev] XML doesn't deserve its "X".

Hi,

may be, I got it wrong all the time, but I thought that XML is a
(meta-)language by means of which I construct markup languages - and this is
the extensibility. I use XML like this for 3 years now because it matches my
needs - and I will go on. IMHO, the extensibility of XML is a builtin fact.

> Von: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
> Datum: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 08:53:44 +0100
> An: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
> Betreff: [xml-dev] XML doesn't deserve its "X".
>

> Title says it all, the extensibility of XML is one of its myths...
>
> Technically, XML is based on trees which are not the most extensible
> structures (compared to tables or triples). If you extend a tree you are
> likely to break its structure (and existing applications). I would say

I use a perl DOM API which preserves wellformedness when manipulating the
DOM-tree. For me it's easy to modify the tree structure, and it's not likely
to break it.

Curious about what others say.

Greetings
Klaus