   Re: [xml-dev] XML doesn't deserve its "X".

3/5/2002 8:34:42 AM, Mike Champion <mc@xegesis.org> wrote:

>3/5/2002 7:46:18 AM, Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com> wrote:
>So, sure XML is not the ultimate answer -- it's the re-capitulation
>of the "hierarchical data" meme after 15 years of submergence under
>the "table" meme.

Combined with the "markup" meme of course ... I didn't stress
enough how much I think that technology evolution is driven
by cross-fertilization of good ideas from
seemingly different domains.  I'd expect the "furry little
creature" out there to contain memes from markup, database
theory, and perhaps programming language practice.  Or maybe
logic, or math, or whatever.