From: Means, Garann R. [mailto:grmeans@DOC1.WA.GOV]
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2002 4:08 PM
To: 'xml-dev@lists.xml.org'
Subject: [xml-dev] Can't get XML to display through XSLT

Hi,

I am trying to transform an XML document with an XSLT, but all that shows up
are the HTML elements, and the for-each loops don't function correctly. When
I try to open the document in Internet Explorer, all I get are a submit
button and a single checkbox. The XML document without the XSLT shows up
fine and is valid to the best of my knowledge. I've tried everything and
searched everywhere I can think of, but can't see what I'm doing wrong.

Here is the XSLT:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
	<xsl:template match="/">
		<xsl:apply-templates />
	</xsl:template>

	<xsl:template match="/main-menu">
		<form name="frmMenuItm" method="POST">
		<ul>
		<xsl:apply-templates />
		</ul>
		<input type="button" value="Edit" />
		</form>
	</xsl:template>

	<xsl:template match="main-menu/top-level">
		<xsl:for-each select=".">
			<li>
			<input type="checkbox" value="1"><xsl:attribute
name="name"><xsl:value-of select="title" /></xsl:attribute></input>
			</li>

		</xsl:for-each>
	</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>