   Re: [xml-dev] JSP or XSL?

[Christer Nordvik]

> I have an XML document that I want to output as SVG. Is it better to use
> XSL/XSLT than to use JSP/JavaBeans to generate the final document. The
> XML document contains tags that I don't want in the final document like
> "<rowset>" so I have to just include parts of it.

I'm not sure what "better" would mean.  xslt can be good, and it's easy to
omit elements.  It depends on the nature of the transformation between the
source document and the desired svg output.  If you have to do a lot of
computation, java probably can do that better.  But if not, I'd rather use a
stylesheet because I have to maintain less machinery and don't have to
recompile the code for each change in the design of the source.

Cheers,

TOm P