From: Richard Tobin [mailto:richard@cogsci.ed.ac.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 8:17 AM
To: Atchley, John; Richard Tobin
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Problem with noNameSpaceSchemaLocation

> If you use file://RelativePath.xsd it tries to
> open "CurrPath/file://RelativePath.xsd" for example.

As far as I can tell such relative URIs are not legal.  According to
RFC 2396, any URI with a scheme part (eg file:) is absolute.  The
relative URI would just be "RelativePath.xsd", and would only work if
the base URI had the file: scheme.

In fact, in "file://RelativePath.xsd" RelativePath.xsd should be
interpreted as host name!

Of course, turning it into CurrPath/file://RelativePath.xsd is bogus.

-- Richard