   Re: Pipelines : inside or outside the parser ? (was RE: [xml-dev] Java T

Nicolas LEHUEN wrote:

> Hi Elena,
> The "bug", or at least unwanted behaviour, is that even if no validation is
> performed, the XML Schema is loaded and parsed. I don't know if this has a
> big impact on performance, yet I think the problem would have been easily
> dismissed if the parsing and validating layers where clearly separated.

If validation/schema is turned off, the latest Xerces release is no
longer loads the XML Schema. In fact, we remove completely XML Schema
Validator from the pipeline.

> What I don't like, though, is that all this composition system takes place
> "under the hood", with a custom interface (XNI), the whole system being
> hidden under the main parsing API (JAXP). I think this system should be
> fully outside of the parser, that is to say I think the parser should not be
> the main API, but a part of a bigger system.

Well, where do you propose to put XNI? It is not a standard API like
JAXP..

--
Elena Litani / IBM Toronto