   AW: [xml-dev] XML Schema - > XML Instance - > XSLT Transformation with

Hello,

regarding the post from TAN Kuan Hui about using Xml-Schema to validate the
user input by DOM
<snip>
> You should note these,
>
> You can however use schema to validate field-by-field, you
> have to retrieve the corresponding element/type and call isValid().
> This will allow you to gain fine control on where errors may
> occur and react with the user accordingly. If this is what you
> want to do, you will need to understand how to structure your
> schema such that such types/element definition are available
> globally so as to allow you to conveniently retrieve them for
> validation.
</snip>

can anyone forward me a little example including schema, instance, xslt, for
example trying to check a valid date format ?

Or anyone know examples or resources where this kind of roundtrip  using a
xml-schema to generate an xml-instance, that then is transform by xslt to
xhtml, which then revalidate the user input by DOM on the client side
against the Schema, before submitting it back to the server for further
processing, is documented or i am thinking in a wrong direction, how to
implement efficient Schema and two-directional validation ?

Thanks,

Hans Braumüller
Networking Artist
http://crosses.net