   Re: [xml-dev] <ged.corba.Node>

3/13/2002 7:35:47 PM, "rajac" <rajac@ncmr.co.in> wrote:

>     Is it possible to have the Element like <ged.corba.Node> in XML?. The
>  reason is to make the definition of each Element (structure) stricter
>  because if you had XML that combined different Elements from
>  different DTD's, there would be no fear of clashes. To be more specific, to
>  differentiate each element in such a way that the Element belongs to which
>  DTD.
>         Any suggestions are most welcome.

That sounds a bit like "Clean Namespaces" http://www.tbradford.org/clean-namespaces.html
but without the ':' to introduce incompatibility with W3C namespaces.

As I recall, this idea has come up on this list several times.  It works,
it's legal, it's compatible with DTDs ... the only downside I recall is
the additional verbosity, and of course the inability to leverage tools
that recognize W3C namespaces and do the right thing (e.g., an XML
tool that recognized the XHTML namespace and applied HTML semantics
to elements in that namespace).