   Re: [xml-dev] Why One Degree of Separation Matters

"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" wrote:

> http://www.newsbytes.com/news/02/175035.html
>
> Thanks to Elliotte for putting that on the recent
> reading list.
>
> Yet Another Reason Google ain't such a great way
> to get to the business you need and why one degree
> of separation may be all that business wants.

I don't know what the article above has to do with Google, REST, SOAP or
XML. A piece of client software sent information to its creators that
without customers knowing.

> It isn't that REST doesn't work.  It may be too
> many things to too many applications and unfortunately,
> opportunism outs laissez-faire techniques.  So to
> use REST, don't we have to build in systems to
> stop what Netscape/AOL is doing even if they are
> doing it for what they consider legitimate reasons?

What does REST have to do with it? For all I know, Microsoft is
recording all MSN Messenger chats -- that doesn't have anything to do
with REST either. In order to do what Netscape did all you need to have
is a socket from the client machine to the Netscape site.

 Paul Prescod