   RE: [xml-dev] Who can implement W3C XML Schema ?

Just to be very, painfully, tediously, clear-- the following two
declarations are NOT equivalent:

<element name="myElem"/>

 <element name="myElem">
       <complexType>
               <complexContent>
                       <restriction base="anyType"/>
               </complexContent>
       </complexType>
 </element>

The first declaration is equivalent to the following:

<element name="myElem" type="anyType"/>

Which I hope makes the reason for the use of restriction for empty element
declarations a tiny bit clearer.