   [xml-dev] Re: Training

There are a lot of XML books today, but the fact is that few are really good and useful. Some of them contain a lot of technical errors and lack basic editing or proof reading.

Even if you find a good XML book, mastering XML and all "Related Technologies" can be overwhelming.

For example, in a Web Services project, you might find yourself using all of the following technologies: XML1.0, Namespaces, DOM, SAX, XML Schemas, XPath, XSLT, XPointer, XInclude, XBase, SOAP, WSDL, XML Signature/Encryption, and UDDI. New specs are on their way to Recommendation.

The reality of enterprise projects is that people need to get up to speed on XML as quickly as possible. An XML Instructor who also has hands-on project experience can help you navigate through the essentials of each of these specs.

I also think that W3C working groups should create not only primers and use cases, but also quick references as part of their deliverables. The quick references will be very helpful in adopting and implementing the specs.

Joel Amoussou
XML Programmer & Instructor
XMLMentor, Inc.
joel@xmlmentor.net
XML Certification Training: Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, Denver, New York, San Diego
http://www.xmlmentor.net/certify.htm