   Differentiating two xml files of size each around 500MB.

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: Differentiating two xml files of size each around 500MB.
  • From: "Santoshwt" <Santoshwt@infy.com>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 10:40:59 +0530

Hi,

We need to differentiate two xml files for their contents.
The structure of both files will be something similar like -

<segment1>
	<element1>content</element1>
	<element2>content</element2>
	<element3>content</element3>
</segment1>
<segment2>
	<element1>content</element1>
	<element2>content</element2>
	<element3>content</element3>
</segment2>

We want to result the difference in the form of segments that are changed,
or added in new file or deleted from old file.

The file sizes are going to be very hugh. say around 500MB or so per file.

If anyone could throw some light on how to go about it, if any tool's available,
what will be memory requirements or any other information,
kindly reply to my Id please.

I've seen deltaxml tool, but our file sizes are massive, and also the output of deltaxml is it's own format.

It's highly urgent.

Thanks.

Regards,
Santosh