   Re: [xml-dev] Does XML-Dev matter?

In a message dated 24/03/02 04:30:31 GMT Standard Time, mc@xegesis.org writes:

Turning it around, I can't think of any XML issue that
was fiercely debated on the list that quietly went away because the technology
"just worked."   Maybe XSLT ... but I just got  back from a week
in the Real World, and they seem pretty overwhelmed by XSLT out there.

Are you sure that wasn't a real world simulator? :)

Seriously, what was indicated as being overwhelming about XSLT? If the alleged real world doesn't get XSLT what hope is there for comprehension of the more complete XML Jigsaw / XML Spaghetti (choose your term according to taste)?

And just for completeness what were the characteristics of the "real world" which you mention?

Andrew Watt