Lists Home |
Date Index |
The W3C RDF Core Working Group is pleased to announce the publication
of the 3rd draft of
RDF/XML Syntax Specification (Revised)
W3C Working Draft 25 March 2002
This defines an XML syntax for RDF as amended and clarified by RDF
Core from that originally described in the RDF Model & Syntax
document. The syntax is now updated to be based on the XML
Information Set and XML Base and includes an advisory RELAX NG schema
(in non-XML form).
The main changes in this version are:
* The document handles the majority of the syntax in RDF M&S
and the graph generation rules are considered mostly complete.
* The completion of the rules for generating the graph for rdf:bagID
* Rules for handling xml:lang with literals added.
* Rules for handling XML Literals (not yet complete) from
* The addition of XML Base support.
* An updated introduction with new examples.
along with other changes after RDF Core decisions made since the last
draft. Detailed changes are listed in the document at:
The previous drafts also contained changes to the syntax, in particular:
* Removal of aboutEach and aboutEachPrefix
* Requiring namespace prefixes on all elements and attributes
The group encourages feedback and comments, especially with regard to
how the changes affect existing implementations and content.
Comments should be sent to the public mailing list
firstname.lastname@example.org and an archive of the comments is available