   RE: [xml-dev] Capitalism and XML (was RELAX NG Marketing)

  • To: "Nicolas LEHUEN" <nicolas.lehuen@ubicco.com>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Capitalism and XML (was RELAX NG Marketing)
  • From: "Manos Batsis" <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 14:46:01 +0200
  • Cc: "XML DEV" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

> From: Nicolas LEHUEN [mailto:nicolas.lehuen@ubicco.com]

> My point is that you can only safely play the game of selection and
> competition is you have correctly defined your target. The
> winners of the
> capitalist game will likely not be humanity, but the game
> itself. A shift in
> objective is required if what matters is humanity, not money.

I wonder how many in the world have ever made that simple thought. We
seem to have established profit as the motive for evolution in a system
build before us,  for us.
I have a view of things where an organism is anything non-static such as
the many systems build by humans: they have evolved into entities. Who
serves who is the juice of the story.

To round this branch towards XML as well, it seems that what most things
build by our species luck is the anticipation during design time that
things may need to change in the future, as well as taking account that
things obtain a will of their own over time.

Kindest regards,

Manos