   need a [ in an ATTLIST

The following is a DTD snippet that I am trying to get to work.

<!ELEMENT myelement         EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST myelement myattribute1 (value1|value2) #REQUIRED>
<!ATTLIST myelement myattribute2 (value1|value2|value[) #REQUIRED>

The issue is that I need to have a potential value for myattribute2 to be
"value[".

The first attribute "myattribute1" works just fine, but when I add the
"value["
to the list of potential values, I get the following error when I try to
parse an
XML file (it never makes it passed the parsing of the DTD)
	javax.servlet.ServletException: Name tokens must not start with "["
characters.
I am using a DOM implementation with tomcat/jboss. Maybe I need a newer
parser
to get this working?
I tried using differnet Entities but still could not get this to work. Any
help?
	Larry