   Re: [xml-dev] RDDL: proposal to document the target namespace of a RDDL

Michael Brennan wrote:

> Surely the application (or user)
> knows what URL was initially used to obtain the resource.

Not true at all. Suppose I search the Web for a particular topic and
find a RDDL document that includes my keywords. Without something like
Eric's suggestion (which ought to be mandatory in valid RDDL documents),
there's no guarantee I'll know what namespace the RDDL document is
describing. (Furthermore, I can't even look at the URL listed on the
search engine site, since that might have indexed the actual site before
the redirect site.)

-- Ron