   Re: [xml-dev] WD for Namespaces 1.1

Jim Ancona wrote:

> I haven't seen any indication that DTDs would be removed from the XML 1.1 spe
> have you?

Tim Bray left them out of XML-SW [1].  Although I'm a big fan
of DTDs, I think this was a wise decision; it simplifies the
core XML spec and allows DTDs to be specified separately.

If nobody bothers to write an XML-DTD spec to go along with
XML 1.1 that'll still be fine by me; I'll just go back to using
SGML DTD syntax, which isn't going away and is slightly
more pleasant to use anyway.

As long as they don't try to fold W3C XML Schemas into the
core spec, I'll be happy :-)

--Joe English

  jenglish@flightlab.com