   Re: [xml-dev] WD for Namespaces 1.1

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:
> The "need for speed" in namespace dereferencing?

Agreed. Bizarre is another word.

>  Scares me pretty
> thoroughly and makes me wonder whether namespaces were a good idea yet
> again.

Namespaces were (and still are) a good idea. Using URLs as example URIs
in the namespaces spec was a bad idea. It led people to think about
dereferencing namespace names which, if you think about it, is about as
odd as dereferencing Java package names. Sure, you can come up with a
mechanism to do it, but why would you want to?

-- Ron