   RE: [xml-dev] Validate an XPath with regex

  • To: "Gary Stephenson" <garys@ihug.com.au>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Validate an XPath with regex
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 18:08:36 -0700

I may have barely made it out of my CS Theory class without flunking but
I do seem to remember that regular expressions and DFAs were equivalent
while the more powerful PDAs were equivalent to context free grammars. I
also faintly remember something about context free grammars being higher
on the Chomsky hierarchy than regular expressions. Hmmmm, I think I need
some links...

http://www.mri.mq.edu.au/ltg/slp803D/class/Guan/slp803ws-19.htm#item24
http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki/Chomsky_hierarchy

...found 'em.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a cash advance.

rights.
You assume all risk for your use. (c) 2002 Microsoft Corporation. All
rights reserved.