   Re: [xml-dev] Naive Question about NS 1.1

>At issue is the point at which this interpretation happens. I read the
>XSLT spec to say that it may happen as soon as the StartElement callback
>(or its equivalent) is made.

I think you must be thinking about something much more complicated
than me.  All I mean is that in a case like this:

  <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
		  xmlns:i="http://example.org";>

    <xsl:template match="i:head">
      <xsl:apply-templates select="i:title">

the binding of i to http://example.org has to be available to the XSLT
processor when it processes the values of the match attribute on the
template element and the select attribute on the apply-templates
element.

-- Richard