   Re: [xml-dev] [good] Question about NS 1.1

> given this expression, and given that this expression may itself be the
> result of an arbitrary computation, i cannot predict that a transform
> applied to the expression of a transform will produce a usable result.

The result of an XSLT transform is entirely deterministic at the level
of input tree to result tree. There is some allowed variability in the
way the input tree can be constructed from an XML file (order of
attributes for example) and there is some similar essentially cosmetic
variability in the way the result may be serialised.

Given that, I can't see why you should not be able to predict (or even
specify exactly) what the result of any transform will be.

David