   Obtaining a Namespace or Defining a URN.

How does one obtain a Namespace? How does one formally register a URI?

The context of my question is twofold. When establishing an ebXML CPA
you are directed to provide a CPAId that identifies both the From and To
Parties and is a URI. I'd also want to enable some uniqueness in this
process so ideally one would want to use some sort globla identifier.
Now the 'oid' domain of 'uri's does provide me with the ability to get a
number that I could use to identify Trading Partners.

However, this does not solve my other problem which is that I would like
to provide guidance to the users of the papiNet standard (for
communications within the Paper Manufacturing Verticle Industry) as to
what are agreed to enumerations of types and other codes that are used
in the SOAP-ebXML MessageHeader, etc.

Thanks for your consideration.

Art Colman
Drybridge Consulting (www.drybridge.com)