   RE: [xml-dev] XML to ASCII format

>> Can any body help me For Converting XML file  to ASCII file.
>> so that ASCII format later can be upload into RDBMS system.
>
>It's very easy to do this kind of thing using XSLT. There's a bit of a
>learning curve, but if you're planning to use XML in your system then you
>ought to become familiar with what XSLT is capable of.

For an alternative, pretty much every language now has SAX API, which can be
used without much work to get ASCII out (DOM can be used but this is rather
a heavyweight aproach). Most can be run server- or client-side. There's a
simple example of doing this with Java here :
http://www.isacat.net/2001/code/CSVtoXML.htm

One thing that you might want to consider is going straight from XML to
RDBMS, which can be done in Java using JDBC. An example of this (XMLToJDBC)
can be found here : http://www.isacat.net/2001/code/index.htm

Cheers,
Danny.

---