From: Aleksander Slominski [mailto:aslom@cs.indiana.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 9:03 AM
To: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: [xml-dev] ANN: MXP1 beta1 - fast and small parsing engine for
XMLPULL

hi,

MXP1 is a fast and small XML pull parser that was written
from scratch to work best with the latest Java JITs (such as
Hotspot in JDK 1.4) and to implement  XMLPULL V1
API (http://www.xmlpull.org)/

MXP1 is available under Apache-like license
(and is basically a new parsing engine for XPP3) from

  http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/xgws/xsoap/xpp/mxp1/

the size of the complete MXP1 parser (without factory
but fully usable) is less than 20 KB and in recent
benchmark of fastest SAX1/2 parsers and XML
pull parsers MXP1 turned out ot be the fastest,
for  detailed results visit:

   http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/~aslom/xpp_sax2bench/

and to get all required files including source code to reproduce tests:

   http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/~aslom/xpp_sax2bench/results.html

i hope you find MXP1 parser useful where performance and size
matters - it should work though not yet tested on small devices that
supports J2ME MIDP and upward to J2EE servers where multiple
XML input streams must be parsed concurrently and where both
performance and memory footprint matters ...

thanks,

alek