   Schema-Based Parser works that way? - dom.Counter Problems

Dear Mr. Ronald,

I just tried the code, dom.Counter
(http://xml.apache.org/xerces2-j/samples-dom.html#Counter). But some
problems puzzled me.

1) I wrote an XML file, note.xml, and its schema, note.xsd. Then I turned on
the option, -v. This option turns on validation. I got the following errors

[Error] note.xml:2:102: Document root element "note", must match DOCTYPE
root "null".
[Error] note.xml:2:102: Document is invalid: no grammar found.
note.xml: 213;27;0 ms (4 elems, 2 attrs, 0 spaces, 20 chars)

That's the same as DTD-based parser, right?

2) Then, I turned off -v and turned on -s, which meant Schema validation
support. However, even if one element exists in XML doesn't exist in its
schema, there is any error! DTD parser should get error under this
situation!

3) I tried another option -f, which meant schema full checking. The
situation in 2) also occurred. Why?

4) Errors can happen when XML is not well-formed!

Schema-based parser works that way? It is quite different from DTD-based
parser, right?

Thanks so much!
Li Bing